Each machine designed to fit your production needs.
||1, 2, 3 or 4 embossing roll
||2, 3 or 4 cantilever chill
||Maintenance friendly system
||Central water manifold system
||High quality workmanship
Embossing/Chill Roll Machine
Turret Embossing Rolls
Cantilever Chill Rolls
Chill Roll Spiral Baffle
Embossing/Cantilever Chill Rolls
Embossing/Chill Roll Machine
- BG Machine, Inc. standard embossing and back-up rolls
are fitted with
2 15/16" diameter stainless steel shafts that are larger
than our competitors rolls. These rolls are also built with an
inner shell to provide better and more efficient cooling of the
- The belt-driven back-up roll provides smoother, quieter, and
more consistent operation than a gear or chain drive system.
- Swivel system for back-up roll mounting assembly makes the roll
much easier to change out, and more maintenance friendly.
- The roll bearings are high quality, heavy-duty, smooth running
2-row tapered roller bearings.
- The heavy-duty vertical movement of the embossing roll is manufactured
with a precision tube-in-tube design that allows for the vertical
mechanism to move up and down without any twisting of the machine.
The air cylinders are high quality.
- The embossing roll turret system is hand or air operated. The
turret gearbox is specifically designed for this application,
and is manufactured in our facility. It is very simple to rotate
between 2 different embossing patterns while the machine is in
use. Also, this gearbox is designed, for safety reasons, to keep
the rolls from rotating in a "free wheeling" manner.
- As with other items on the machine, the back-up roll water pan
is built to withstand the rigor's of the siding production process.
Also, the automatic water level assembly makes it easy for the
operator to adjust the water level in the pan.
- The air actuated heavy-duty stainless steel and aluminum squeegee
system for skimming water off back-up roll will automatically
push against the back-up roll only when the drive of the back-up
roll is engaged. This keeps the operator from having to engage
the system in an area of the machine that could have some safety
- The cantilever chill rolls are set-up so the machine is very
easy for the operator to string-up. The operator can grab the
hot sheet after the embossing roll, and thread over all the rolls
without having to switch the hot plastic from one hand to the
other, which can cause the hot sheet to burn the operator because
of excess handling of the sheet. Also, at higher line speeds,
it is difficult to switch the sheet from one hand to the other
without causing the hot sheet to ball up and take the line down.
The chill roll system is offered in a 2, 3, or 4 roll system depending
on the line speed.
- The thin wall aluminum chill rolls are built with an internal
spiraled baffle to allow for more even cooling of the hot, vinyl
sheet. The aluminum construction allows for better heat transfer
from the hot sheet to the roll, allowing for better cooling. The
rolls also have a stainless steel drive shaft to keep rust from
damaging the roll. Also, the rolls are constructed in a way so
they can be dissembled for cleaning. The water used in many manufacturing
facilities are filled with impurities that can fill up the roll,
and cause the roll to lose it's cooling capacity.
- The chill roll system is belt driven. The simple design of this
system allows for quiet movement of the rolls in an efficient
and maintenance-free environment.
- The adjustable water-cooled idler rolls can be adjusted up and
down to allow for different production techniques that sometimes
are required to get the proper embossing depth of the sheet, and
also to get the proper sheet height for the sheet entering the
calibration tooling. The aluminum shelled rolls are fitted with
a stainless steel shafts, and are water-cooled to keep from burning
the operator's hands and arms while working around the machine
and stringing up the line.
- BG Machine, Inc. uses only high quality electrical components.
- The embossers have a heavy-duty control pendant that can be
swiveled from the front of the machine to the rear of the machine
by the operator. All the machine controls are on the pendant,
and are easily accessed by the operator. This is a feature that
is highly valued by most operators.
- BG Machine, Inc. uses only high quality pneumatic components.
- The central water supply system allows for the input of water
in one location, allowing for a simpler, cleaner installation.
The heavy duty brass quick-disconnects found on the embossing
roll and rubber covered back-up roll make roll changes very simple.
We use only Deublin rotary unions, which are the best on the market.
- Only high quality materials used in construction of the embosser.